Monday, March 2, 2015

Sukhothai Ruins

The Sukhothai Ruins are so far the closest vacation we have been to, it is right outside of Phitsanulok and it is really cheap to get in. Plus we rent bikes for the day to bike to reach ruin that only cost us 30 baht (about one dollar), the brakes didn't work on the bikes we got so it was an adventure trying to stop! :P
There were a ton of ruins around the area! A lot of them looked pretty similar, they all have at least one Buddha for the day of the week and a lot of stone! I am learning a lot about Buddhism while I have been here, such as they have a different Buddha for every day of the week.


There were a lot of cool bridges around the ruins also, we took a lot of pictures by them! The flags represent the kings birthday color and a thai symbol in the middle.
 

I made a goal during our time at the ruins that I was going to take a picture by every Buddha and I needed to match the Buddhas position. I couldn't make this position though, I am not that flexible. :P


This was our whole group that went, the Phitsanulok girls came with us. It was fun getting to know them more during this trip to the ruins.




No comments:

Post a Comment